Gubbi Labs is pleased to announce fellowship opportunities for individuals interested in ecology, conservation and community outreach. Gubbi Labs is a unique private research collective working in diverse areas such as ecological and urban research, science communication, consulting and community outreach. Gubbi Labs is expanding its Long Term Ecological Research (LTER) cum Outreach centres across the Western Ghats as part of Project Ashoka. As part of this project, we are inviting aspiring individuals to join and help us in bringing and engaging science and research with the public at large.
- The Fellowship will be for a duration of 3 to 6 months based on the candidate’s performance. Candidates willing to commit for a longer duration will be given preference.
- The fellows will be working out of Gubbi Labs’ Bangalore office (at IISc), but will be required to travel to different field stations and organisations partnered with Gubbi Labs. Candidates will be paid a basic remuneration based on their qualifications. All travel costs will be borne by Gubbi Labs.
- Candidates with experience/interest in ecology and conservation will be given preference.
- Candidates will work with different educational institutions and communities initially across Karnataka, conducting workshops, collating and analysing data and monitoring activities at various project sites.
- Individuals looking to work with students from across Karnataka or interested in learning ecological and social research methods and data collection and analysis are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates fluent in Kannada and English will be preferred.
For further questions regarding the fellowship or Project Ashoka or to apply for the fellowship contact:
Dennis C. Joy / Vidisha M. K.
Gubbi Labs R&D Center,
WS # 5, First Floor,
Entrepreneurship Centre – SID,
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore – 560 012.