In the recent years, the advances in geographic information sciences (GISc) and the availability of satellite remote sensing data has enabled its widespread application concerning development. This is even aiding at times of disaster to emergency response teams and decision-makers. The scientific community has been aggressively enriching this science through developing new methods, algorithms and applications. The growing expertise in designing and developing specific geospatial applications besides undertaking applied research on geospatial simulations for a variety of complex phenomena is pushing this to new frontiers. Gubbi Labs is leading with its cutting edge research and development of methods for application of geospatial science and technology.
Gubbi Labs offers the following services:
- Geospatial Data Services: Geospatial data forms the basis for analysing any geographic phenomenon be it the environment or cities. Gubbi Labs can facilitate creation of these data using open data standards. The Labs also extensively propogates use of OpenStreetMap. On specific tasks, OSM data is used while generated geospatial data is also ploughed back by posting them on OSM.
- Remote Sensing Data Analysis: Use of remote sensing data in studying different geographic phenomenon has been undertaken for nearly three decades now. The availability of satellite remote sensing data for the past decades provides opportunities to study, document and analyze various geographic phenomenon. The Labs has capabilities to source and process most of the popular satellite remote sensing data. With the archived data of the Landsat missions are made available at no charge by the USGS since October 2008, this has boosted its usage. Though the Scan Line Corrector (SLC), which compensates for the forward motion of Landsat 7 (Landsat ETM+ dataset), failed on 31st May 2003, Gubbi Labs has developed methods in rectifying this and has applied these in a variety of studies and projects.
- Geosimulation and Geovisualisation: Geosimulation and Geovisulation are emerging domains of geospatial industry. Geosimulation involves modeling the complex geographic phenomenon and being able to generate simulations for different scenarios and use cases to analyse and forecast the outcomes of interacting entities. The Labs has developed expertise in designing and developing specific geospatial applications besides undertaking applied research on geospatial simulations for a variety of complex phenomena. Get in touch with us to learn more and request a demo.
- Geospatial Web Services (Mapserver/Geoserver): Deploying geospatial data and services over the web is the prevailing trend and direction of this growing domain. Besides Web Mapping Services (WMS) and Web Feature Services (WFS), Web Processing Services (WPS) holds much promise for the future. Gubbi Labs has been helping clients in this endeavour.
- Spatial Planning Support Systems: The future of cities depend how they are imagined. Spatial Planning Support Systems (SPSS) are a bundled geoinformation instruments and tools that support in different aspects of planning process, ranging from data collection, analysis, mining, modeling, visualisation, scenario building, forecasting, plan formulation, evaluation and facilitate collaborative decision-making. A prototype has been built for Bangalore and demo of this can be arranged on request.
Tools and Technologies
QGIS, DIVA-GIS; Mapbox; TileMill; NetLogo;
Drupal; OpenLayers; GeoServer; POSTGIS; and D3