Gubbi Labs is happy to announce its latest venture, Research Media Services, which aims to bridge the gap between the research institutes and the general public. The Science Media Center at IISc was our maiden venture, and now we have Research Matters as our flagship venture as well!
The Science Media Center at IISc
For academic research to reach the public, the availability of up to date information about the latest research is critical. Busy journalists looking for science-based stories, students looking for prospective research groups, even an interested layperson browsing the web, all gain from clear summaries of current research.
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) in association with Gubbi Labs set up a Science Media Center on the campus, housed in the Society for Innovation and Development. The Center was established on 1st of August 2014.
By 2016, as we expanded covering research from other leading institutions in the country, we now put all our content under 'Research Matters'. Research Matters is now our one-stop destination for all content forms: Feature Articles, Deep-dives, SciQs, Podcasts, and Sci-toons.
Turning academic papers into interesting stories
Your paper being accepted or published in reputed international journals need not be the end of the story. It can be the beginning of a new one. We can help with:
- Sending out press releases and news stories to media houses
- Help you design an appealing website and add content
- Getting your research group on social media
- Creating attractive Posters, Newsletters, Brochures
A conference or seminar need not be a closed-door affair with only your lab talking about it. It can reach people outside the institute and even outside the country using the internet. We offer:
- Pre-event press releases to attract the public
- Everyday press releases during the event
- Strong social media content to encourage discussions online
- Facilitate sharing of multimedia content (as and when appropriate)
- Help with post-conference compiling of reports
We are planning courses in science communication for faculty and students. We will also offer courses on communication skills like making presentations.
For more details, get in touch at email@example.com.